RE: mysterious coil failure (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:44:19 -0600
From: S&JY <youngs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: mysterious coil failure (fwd)

Bart & list,

I have had trouble with hair dryers as loads, because the motors are usually
"universal" types with brushes that put out a lot of electrical "hash".  In
my case, the impulses messed up my readings with a digital multimeter.  So I
recommend using electric frying pans filled with water, with the temp
control set above the point where the pan cycles on and off, e.g. 350
degrees F.  This makes a very good electrically quiet load.

--Steve Y.