Re: Research Project Neons (vs fluoros) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 07:30:19 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Research Project Neons (vs fluoros)

Dr Res
I puzzle over your reply.  You only respond to my first sentence, yet you
remove the link to the actual experiment that I conducted indicating you had
read it. You make a statement that you use both neons and argons and that
you recommend a size of 6 inches x 18mm (similar to the size I used). Argon
is not commonly available in the pilot light size so I don't think you are
referring to this. Yet you give a range that is about 2 orders of magnitude
greater than what I am obtaining.
Let me explain that. I record neons as firing at half the distance and you
record them as firing at 5 times the distance.  This is a 10 fold distance
discrepancy = 100 fold difference in radiated power by the inverse square.
Can you explain. Do you have photos to support your case? Were your pick up
electrodes equal? Was your fluoro of comparable size?

Peter