Re: Research Project Neons (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:05:24 -0700
From: Frank <fxrays@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Research Project Neons (fwd)

I agree with Dr. Resonance.
Neons will flash at voltages around 60-80.
Fluorescent tubes are a mercury arc type and require higher voltages
to conduct, even in Geissler tube mode.
They give a white light which makes them seem more sensitive as you
can see them better.
Neons are the sneaky tube and really will glow.
You can hold a small neon and shuffle across the carpet and have it
light when you touch it to a doorknob, etc. That is assuming you can
get static off your carpet (I cannot here).

Have a look on Ebay for NE2 lamps, they are tiny and make great RF
indicators and you can arrange  them in a pattern on black paper and
have it light up when the TC is running.

Frank