Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:45:07 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

Hi Matt,

For 1 meter using 1cm wire diameter, straight wire inductance
calculations show 1uH. Change the diameter to 0.1cm with the same 1
meter length and I calc'd 1.5uH. So, there must be a mistake in
Richard's Guide. It is easy to see that as the length to diameter ratio
increases, the difference in the above diameters become negligible. But
with shorter lengths, the difference can obviously be a great concern.

Take care,
Bart