Re: [RE]Quenching Theory Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:52:27 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RE]Quenching Theory Question (fwd)

Hi Mike,

A lot of ways to do it mechanically. But, the idea is to "not"
drastically change the gap. If you increase the gap too far, you can
overvolt the transformer (and with NST's, it doesn't take much). It's
all guestimate and there's nothing precise about it. This is why I
adjust slightly to where it just won't fire (only a few thousands of an
inch, nothing drastic). Sometimes in this mode, I have to turn the NST
on and off a couple times to get it started.

Take care,
Bart