Re: [RE]Quenching Theory Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 05:40:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RE]Quenching Theory Question (fwd)

Hi Matt,  Bart,
     what about a spring loaded solenoid?  At the same moment(or phase
delayed even) the gap fires, the solenoid pulls back the electrode.
Going a step further, you could have all of the electrodes pulled apart
simultaneously so the total gap spacing would be drastically altered while
no single electrode has to move very far.
  Mike

  Hi Matt,

That's doable. It all happens pretty fast. It might be difficult to
electrically control a switching mechanism, but probably wouldn't need
it. If one can imagine say a cylinder tcbor style static gap, the
initial tap could be simply switched to the next electrode after some
predetermined time.

Take care,
Bart

       Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48517/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 hot CTA = Join our Network Research Panel