Re: Car Ignition Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:21:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: Carl Bradley <old_fogey@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Car Ignition Coil (fwd)

I used to make Tesla coils in the 60's with Ford Model T coils with great
success.  But they all had magnetic interrupters.  If you are just using a
regular ignition coil, you will have to interrupt the primary circuit with
some type of "points", as the coil only puts out high voltage when the
magnetic field rises and decays.

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Original poster: List moderator