Re: Odd streamer photograph (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 17:49:49 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Odd streamer photograph (fwd)

Hi Hal,

Sure send the large image my way. It's always better to look at the
original. I'm pretty sure I understand the particular streamer you are
referring to on the left side. Steamers do not always go horizontal.
They will follow the a path of least resistance if it's out there to
follow. They can bend and change coarse at any point. Granted, there is
a "usual" breakout direction and path, but as the coil is running, the
charged and heated air around the terminal will change it's path or
sometimes actually cause a more predictable path (the initial breakouts
are sometimes very erratic).

Take care,
Bart