Re: Odd streamer photograph (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 19:56:59 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Odd streamer photograph (fwd)

Hi Matt,

I looked at the photo's the first day you linked them. I saved the photo
in question to my hard drive and then used PSP 8.0 to take a "better"
look. After setting the gamma up to make some sense of it. I have no
clue what your referring to regarding "create a vertical streamer that
appears to have originated directly in the air". Are you talking about
the small vertical looking streamer that is at the edge of the brushy
discharges? Ah, that is likely what you are describing. That is a
remnant of a previous spark channel. Camera timing can capture old and
new sparks. Sometime bits and pieces of each and of course the main
sparks between. I see nothing abnormal in the pics.

Take care,
Bart