Odd streamer photograph (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:42:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: M G <gt4awd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Odd streamer photograph

Back when I still had my first coil setup working I took the time one day
to get a good amount of photographs of the it in operation. The coil, a
9kv 30ma 4" secondary, was close to tuned for the photographs. Max
streamer length about twelve inches. Well, the first thing that strikes
me as odd in every photograph is the right side of the coil would always
make slightly longer streamers. This side was facing the garage door,
which is all metal, but about five feet away.

The right breakout streamers usually appeared to be more elongated in the
photographs, whereas the left streamers would be more compact and
"bushy". What is really odd though is this one photograph I captured.
It's of the coil running with two equally separated breakout points. In
this photograph the left breakout streamers seem to have hit an
"invisible wall" leaving a vertical streamer that appears to have
originated directly in the air, and not from the coils breakout point.
The photograph does not show this vertical streamer connected by its end
to any of the other streamers originating from the breakout point. I was
wondering if anyone has an idea as to why this odd streamer formed?

Link to image;
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2087/1000194vw8.jpg

If the image does not load after twenty seconds refresh the page.
Imageshack has a lot of "lag" problems from overloaded servers. Here are
links to the other photographs I captured that day.

Links;
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/77/1000199sp5.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6572/1000198hd7.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4342/1000197zl1.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7489/1000196yd8.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3533/1000195ud2.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5968/1000192hi2.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1650/1000191ie2.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1447/1000190qb9.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3238/1000193dv9.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9637/1000178nc0.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7522/1000166we5.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2921/1000165iq1.jpg

Photographs were captured using different camera settings to find the
best results.

Thanks,
Matt G.

Love Games? Gamesville is Waiting for You...
Free Online Games, Fat Cash $ Prizes
Plus Bingo, Solitaire, Poker& Much More! http://www.gamesville.com