RE: [PHISH] RE: Teletype motor (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:02:12 -0400
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [PHISH] RE: Teletype motor (fwd)

>From my SRSG web page:
Using the mechanical lever to adjust the motor in its cradle, achieved
3.5msec of phase adjustment.  With the 2A Variac and a 37uF cap,
achieved 4.0 msec adjustment.  With a 2A variac and a 48uF cap, achieved
a 4.5 msec adjustment.
I don't think I ever measured the range with the present 40uF cap, but
you get the idea.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

> From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> 	How much phase change (shaft position WRT no adjustment) did you
get?
> Variacs without gaps in the core are more nearly variable saturable
reactors than
> inductors I should think.  Wondered about the PHISH for the last
several posts.

> Ed
>

>> Regarding ways to make the motor mount adjustable to permit phase
>> adjustment, John Freau's electronic phase adjuster makes that
completely
>> unnecessary.  All you need is a small Variac and a motor run
capacitor.
>> For my Teletype motor I used a 2 Amp Variac and a 40uF run cap.
Photos