Re: Large Flat Coil

Original poster: Slurp812 <slurp812@xxxxxxxxx>

That looks like something out of the early 1900's, looks GREAT. so authentic!

Today (Sunday) I took some frequency measurements of a large flat
coil I've been working on (slowly). There have been some mishaps with
wire purchases (beware of eBay). Anyway, I just thought I'd share for
anyone interested. If no interest, hit the delete key. BTW, this is a
1/2 scale replica of Tesla's famous flat coil. I just didn't have the
space for a full size replica.

Flat Coil Specs:
ID:   3.625 (hv end)
OD: 50.625 (rim grounded end)
Turns: 95
Wire: 18 awg magnet wire

Here's a couple photo's of the wound coil.
<<http://www.classictesla.com/flat/Img_3462_fast.jpg>http://www.classictesla.com/flat/Img_3462_fast.jpg
 >http://www.classictesla.com/flat/Img_3462_fast.jpg
<http://www.classictesla.com/flat/Img_3461_fast.jpg>http://www.classictesla.com/flat/Img_3461_fast.jpg

and other misc photo's: