Subject : Re: coax (grounding shield & AC?)

Date : Fri, 04 May 2007 16:14:12 -0600

From : "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>

To : tesla@xxxxxxxxxx

Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds"!

Hi Matt,

What Dr R is getting at is the "Blumlein" effect. I have tried to

research this and believe it is a transmission line phenomenum when

improperly terminated. I dont know this definitively but believe its

possible to figure it out if someone would be willing to create the

effect. Presumably one would use a PIG and have a safety gap from

each HV bushing to ground to protect the PIG from damage. The

setting of the safety gap would be larger than usual so one would be

fairly certain that any firing was due to the effect and not to the

the voltages created by the TC. If we can find a volunteer, maybe Dr

R can help that person create the effect based on his

experience. Just an idea :-))

Gerry R.

Love Games? Gamesville is Waiting for You... Free Online Games, Fat Cash $ Prizes Plus Bingo, Solitaire, Poker & Much More! <http://www.gamesville.com?if_Event=LYCOSMAILgvilletxt>http://www.gamesville.com