Re: ARSG-BPS required with 2 MOTs?

Hi Nancy,

A lot depends on your power level and tank cap size. I'll be happy to run a simulation to determine the minimum PPS. I'll need to know the open circuit voltage from the MOT output and the short circuit current of its output based on your ballast. I'll also need the tank cap size.

Gerry R.

Original poster: nancylavoie@xxxxxxxxxxx
I've recently built a 2 MOT power supply complete with a voltage doubling set up and capacitive current limiting deal per Greg Hunters awesome site.Want to try it out on both of my already built coils (ones a 4" and the other is a 6" secondary).Its pretty obvious to me that the old static gap and vacuum motor I was using with my neons isn't going to cut it anymore.What I want to know is how exactly do I calculate the ideal BPS for such a set-up and how do I achieve this with an asynchronous motor turning 1725 RPM? Thanks in advance! Wyatt