Re: tesla and fusion

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 5/2/07 2:49:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "steve sterling" <unityfound@xxxxxxxxx>

hey folks, did anyone hear about this guy using a tesla coil for
nuclear fusion. i seen him on youtube and he wants to put a super
sized tesla coil inside a westinghouse fission reactor.

cool
stever sterling

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7Urb3cHBE>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7Urb3cHBE

their website at noblefuse dot org

Hi Steve,

I just finished reading his website including "the paper". Actually, it's about a guy BELIEVING he COULD use a Tesla coil to produce nuclear fusion, if only he could talk someone at Westinghouse into giving him free access to gut a heavy water reactor. While the aims are "Noble", without any explanation of a theoretical basis, no empirical experimental data, and negligible prior credentials in high energy physics, this seems a highly unlikely occurrence.

I sent copies of his paper from the website to three different physics professor friends of mine at three different universities. There were no positive responses.

It's an interesting idea, and some nice coils. Perhaps, if there were some "beef in the bun" he'd have more success.

Matt D.

See what's free at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503>AOL.com.