Re: Large Plasma Globe Calculations

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

would a 9/60 coil really power i 125 dia sphere nobel gas filled globe? wow i wouldve thought it would take more to ionize all of that gas....

On 4/30/07, Tesla list <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "resonance" < <mailto:resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

You need an oven large enough to bake out the globe --- to remove all
the residuals.  We also blast ours with argon at 50 kV for 2 hrs to
do the final removal after baking.

The oven large enough to bake a 125 ft dia sphere should only cost a
million $$$ or so.  Our oven for up to 40 inch dia. globes, used,
cost us $9,500.00, and we got a "good deal" on it.

Dr. Resonance