RE: intro + coil questions

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

A correction to my post below:

If the NST is hooked across the capacitor, the series inductance of the
tank capacitor doesn't matter so far as blocking the zero-crossing
transients.  The NST won't see them because the gap is (really) off and
the NST is not connected to the primary.  To correct another typo in
that paragraph:  So, the possibility exists that having the NST across
the >capacitor< may actually be safer, _IF_ you don't use an R-C filter.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA