Re: 14' spinner

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The 4 inch spinner probably only weighs a gram whereas the 14 foot (168 inch) one weighs 3000g. Hard to know about the radial velocity at the tip. Thats the point I am making: that TC streamers are a lot less efficient than the equivalent in DC and perhaps more so with longer streamers.
Presumably that is why lifters dont work with a TC as well.

Peter

Original poster: "M G" <gt4awd@xxxxxxxxx>
Peter, does the 4" spinner spin a lot easier with the 60kv DC than the 14' spinning? If it does my guess would be that the coil streamers are less efficient at moving the spinner than the 60kv DC. Maybe the 14' spinner is to heavy to spin using the coil streamers? Just a guess though.

Matt G.