14' spinner

Original poster: "M G" <gt4awd@xxxxxxxxx>

Peter, does the 4" spinner spin a lot easier with the 60kv DC than the 14' spinning? If it does my guess would be that the coil streamers are less efficient at moving the spinner than the 60kv DC. Maybe the 14' spinner is to heavy to spin using the coil streamers? Just a guess though.

Matt G.
Subject : Re: Moderator requests input on "Wireless Power Transfer"
Date : Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:19:31 -0600
From : "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To : tesla@xxxxxxxxxx

Original poster: "Peter Terren"

I too enjoy technical topics and abhor the pseudoscience. However,
the art of coiling is also of interest to me. A play about Tesla, a
museum display or a new Tesla effect are, I feel, valid topics of
discussion by Tesla enthusiasts. It's really up to the List and Mods
to make this call.

.. and spinners? You will understand your coil better if you can
explain why my 14 foot spinner doesn't work with a TC whereas a 4
inch one does. Both work on DC 60kV. No-one had a go at answering that one.

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com

Create and Share your own Video Clip Playlist in minutes at Lycos MIX (<http://mix.lycos.com/?if_Event=MAILmixtagline>http://mix.lycos.com)