Re: ARSG Questions

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks. I just added another 30 Hz to my VDF setup, so
I can go from 30 to 150, with a 1725 RPM motor. That
will allow breakrates of up to 575. At current power
levels, I get better length at around 70 - 80 Hz,
which is around 280 bps. I started this coil back in
2003 if I recall. While I say I've played with gap
spacing some, I kinda concider this weekend to be
first light, as I was unable to get the rsg to "keep"
the spark, as my safety gaps always took over. I'll
keep playing and will look for a big resistor to use
in line with my welder. I'vwe always read about some
folks needing resistive ballast, but I thought that
was just to keep their welder happy. I have two slide
chokes that I plan on using instead of my welder. Do
they also need the resistive ballast, or is this more
of a welder ballast issue?

Adam

Be a PS3 game guru.