Re: Wireless Power Transmission

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

>Original poster: "Jared Dwarshuis" <jdwarshuis@xxxxxxxxx>

>Hidetsugu Yagi did research on wireless power transmission back in
>the mid twenties and presumably had some sucess with it. I believe he
>was using a multiple element antenna to transmit power. Clearly not a
>near field system.

Yes, a beam antenna Is more efficient compared to a dipole, but, to use a technical term, the efficiency still sucks. He found it subject to the same laws of nature as anyone else and abandoned it, spending the next 50 years in more productive areas.

From Wikipedia:

"Hidetsugu Yagi attempted <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer>wireless energy transfer in February of 1926 with this antenna. Yagi and Uda published their first report on the wave projector directional antenna. Yagi managed to demonstrate a proof of concept, but the engineering problems proved to be more onerous than conventional systems."

>Why do some people get so emotional about this topic?

Because it is a favorite topic with which pseudo-science advocates, Tesla worshippers, Einstein-overturning wannabes, and their bloated ego ilk try to delude newbies as well as themselves into thinking they've discovered a "new science". You are probably very familiar with the type, as they are constantly popping up on the list.

Matt D.

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339>AOL.com.