Re: My first tesla coil!

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

all parts available at local hardware store-

a good torroid is flex duct aluminum dryer ducting wrapped around two
pie pans which are attached bottom to bottom.  wrap it all in aluminum
tape and smooth it all out and you have a top load that rivals the
performance of a $500 spun aluminum topload.

Original poster: "H.S. J." <hsheltonj@xxxxxxxxx>

Well, im new to the letter!/Group!

Background info on me:

I live in WA (just moved from CA) and have had previous experience
with high voltage stuff as my father is a co-owner of Rosendin
Electric Inc.  I wanted to get into the coiling thing to see what it
is like, so, here I am!  This project is really mainly for a science
fair expierment/demonstration for my High School.  Us seniors are
putting it on for all of the younger people to enjoy.  Since, the
whole school is participating.

I need help compiling a parts list from you guys.

I already know that i need a MMC bank as well as a spark gap, etc...

For my primary, im going to the store today to go pick up 70' of 1/4"
refrigerator tubing.  I already have stuff to mount it on.

I am also going to go to the stor to pick up a PVC pipe which is
about 6"x34" And, 32" of that will have winding on it.

 From a wire supply place, I will pick up 2000' of 22 AWG copper
magnet wire Build 1 insulation to wind with.

I also need to get a NST which is 15kV @ 60mA.

Now, for the questions of mine...will 4 standoffs be enough for my primary?
Is 4 AWG wire insulated for 15kV ok for strong connections like from
the NST to the caps or something that is similar?
What should I do to make a toroid?

Thank You,
Shelton

Thank You,

H.S.J.

You may reply back at: <mailto:hsheltonj@xxxxxxxxx>hsheltonj@xxxxxxxxx

Be a PS3 game guru.
Get your game face on with
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49936/*http://videogames.yahoo.com>the
latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.