My first tesla coil!

Original poster: "H.S. J." <hsheltonj@xxxxxxxxx>

Well, im new to the letter!/Group!

Background info on me:

I live in WA (just moved from CA) and have had previous experience with high voltage stuff as my father is a co-owner of Rosendin Electric Inc. I wanted to get into the coiling thing to see what it is like, so, here I am! This project is really mainly for a science fair expierment/demonstration for my High School. Us seniors are putting it on for all of the younger people to enjoy. Since, the whole school is participating.

I need help compiling a parts list from you guys.

I already know that i need a MMC bank as well as a spark gap, etc...

For my primary, im going to the store today to go pick up 70' of 1/4" refrigerator tubing. I already have stuff to mount it on.

I am also going to go to the stor to pick up a PVC pipe which is about 6"x34" And, 32" of that will have winding on it.

From a wire supply place, I will pick up 2000' of 22 AWG copper magnet wire Build 1 insulation to wind with.

I also need to get a NST which is 15kV @ 60mA.

Now, for the questions of mine...will 4 standoffs be enough for my primary?
Is 4 AWG wire insulated for 15kV ok for strong connections like from the NST to the caps or something that is similar?
What should I do to make a toroid?

Thank You,
Shelton

Thank You,