RE: do it yourself caps --- an ozone health risk!

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I would think (untested personal theory!) that the amount of ozone and
NOx generated by a bottle cap would be minimal when compared to what is
produced by the spark gap and top load streamers.  My mini coil uses
MMC's, and it still stinks up the basement.  What evidence do you have
that suggests that DIY caps are the culprit?  Could it be that bottle
caps are typically found on smaller coils, and that smaller coils,
perhaps because they are often operated in more confined spaces, seem to
"smell more"?  I don't know; I think why some coils smell more than
others is an unresolved issue.

I agree that MMC's are superior for any number of other reasons, but I
don't like to generate hysteria and condemn something unless it's truly
justified.  Bottle caps are the only economical option for some, and
historically, that's how it all began.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA