Re: Big Bruiser

Original poster: "D.C. Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Bart.

We overheated the reactor a bit. Hope to add another 25 Amps on the input side next year with a larger reactor and more cooling. This will take us to full output at 26.5 kVA. I also want to hang a small rod off the top at a 20 degree up angle --- then the sparks will arc up and out traveling a further distance before going downward. At present the video shows it arcing to our forklift and a Faraday cage with different people inside. It looks like there are primary strikes but it isn't real. We have three "primary protectors" on separate stands at 120 degrees --- they are approx 18 inches out from the primary coil on small stands. Plug in with 25 amp bananna plugs/receptacles for easy setup and teardown.

Next is the TeslaFest (our Cheesehead Teslathon, aka Lightning on the Lawn) scheduled for Sept. 8th --- weekend after Labor Day. This year we also hope to include our two new fabrications --- "The Wheel of Death" and "Cardiac Arrest"! Chris Hooper hopes to bring his excellent bipolar horizontal coil and his very unique "singing Tesla coil". I hear Steve W. and Sean are working on a larger Marx gen. I also hope to have a dual doorknob/stage Marx running at 1.6 MEV if time permits us to finish it.

We may even consider expanding to a 2 day event to accomodate more visitors.

We were very very lucky. About 2 hrs after the Thon ended it started raining hard --- and it rained for 3 days almost continuous! Strange weather in Wis. for September when it's usually very dry and a bit cool.

Hope you can make it next year.

Dr. Resonance

Subject: Re: Big Bruiser

Hey DC,

The video came through GREAT! Lot's of arcs and sparks!!!
A fantastic video for anyone wondering just what type of sparks to expect from a large high powered coil. Excellent video. Thanks for sharing.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "D.C. Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I recently posted Big Bruiser on You Tube.

Just go to You Tube and do a search for: "Lightning on the Lawn" and it will pop up. approx 3 min. in length.

Dr. Resonance