Re: qualifications

Original poster: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>

> Can someone /recommend/ a good conductive tape for
> my toroid. (I have
> hvac silver duct tape) and I've gone to Lowes'
> plumbing department
> for conductive tape but to no avail. My question
> also is, does the
> adhesive portion of the tape have conductive
> properties?
>
> Thank you for your assistance and concern!
> Jim

I use regular 2" adhesive aluminum tape--the cheapest
Lowe's/Wal-Mart variety. I don't know the conductive
properties of the adhesive, but at Tesla coil
voltages, it doesn't matter.  Also, if you apply the
tape radially, you can use a conductive center disk to
make good contact with every band of tape. Cheap
aluminum tape works fine, see an example at:

http://hot-streamer.com/greg/torus.htm

Cheers,

Greg

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265