From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 1:00 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: France unpotting progress. Proof positive aging Frances/tar
potted trans carbon track.

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Just thought I'd chime in here with one thing to think
about...methylene chloride is considered carcinogenic, so if you plan
to use the stuff  be sure you take proper precautions(a fume hood is
ideal  or a respirator   and nitrile rubber gloves probably as it
would likely go right through latex)
Mike

Original poster: "alfred erpel" <alfred@xxxxxxxxx>

Stephen

D-limonene works absolutely the best on tar based potting compounds.
When
you refer to the solvents phenol and methylene chloride below, is this
for
dissolving epoxy based potting compounds? (which unfortunately are
becoming
ubiquitous)

Al Erpel

 > Original poster: "Stephen Mathieson" <sm@xxxxxxxxxx>
 >
 > I have had some experience unpotting. Generally a 50-50
 > mixture of phenol and methylene chloride will break down the
 > most durable potting compound.
 > Usually it will do so in about 24 hours.

[snip-o-matic]

Cheap Talk?
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/ev
t=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>Check
out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.