From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>Tesla list
Date: 03/06/07 01:56:11
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: G10

Original poster: "huil888" <<mailto:huil888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>huil888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Gates -

"G-10" is not a phenolic-based material, it is a very difficult to
machine fiberglass-reinforced epoxy composite. For fabricating a disk
for a rotary spark gap, you want to use linen or cotton fabric
reinforced phenolic composite, type "LE" or "CE".

(mcmaster-carr.com) stocks 12" X 12" slabs of linen and
cotton-reinforced phenolic material (as well as fiberglass G10
material ) in a range of different thicknesses, including 1/4", 3/8"
and 1/2" at reasonable prices. They can ship next-day.

M-C's brand of linen-reinforced phenolic composite is called
"Garolite CE". A 12" X 12" X 3/8" slab of CE material is around $23
plus shipping.

Regards,
Scott Hanson
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>