From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Filtered DC operation with my 833A vttc...
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:59:43 -0700

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

Jim,

Several people have accomplished modulated grid
operation with a vttc.  Sue Gaeta has a schematic on
her page.  Also, a through search through the Pupman
archives will reaveal some stuff if I remember
correctly.  You also might want to check that web site
that attempts to unify many of the vttc projects on
the internet (can't quite remember what it's called, I
have the link on another pc in another room).

I would love to do this with a vttc, but the fact is,
it is just so much more flexible and easier to do with
an sstc.  Use a good PWM chip and it's pretty much
plug and play.  It's looking quite like I'll be
playing with that, long before I'm planing any
records/cd's through my 833A system.  I basically have
all the parts for my next couple of SSTC
projects...everything except for the 30awg magnet
wire.

-Brett

> Original poster: "Jim Mora" <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Brett,
>
> Since you are running CW, have you considered
> modulating the grid? I guess
> it would take a HV transformer wired backwards and
> and a matching
> transformer to 8 ohms or so to match audio output.
> Those that have done
> this, how is this best done? The ultimate Plasma
> speaker! I'm interested in
> doing this in the future.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim Mora