Re: ****SALE, Spun Aluminum Toroids

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 3/2/07 11:14:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original poster: westland <westland@xxxxxx>

John:  Have you thought about producing these toroids in
copper?   (or in brass - moderator comment).  Copper should be as
ductile or more than aluminium, and would probably generate a whole
new market for your toploads (I want one in each size you make if you
ever decided to do this).  You might even charge a premium (just a suggestion)

(or brass - moderator)

Chris

Chris,

I used to offer the 1.75" x 6" size in copper at one time.  I also
made a couple of brass toroids in that size.  I received very
good feedback from coilers about these, and yes they sold for
a higher price.  Copper is tricky to spin
because it work-hardens a lot.  Brass is tricky to spin also.
But I'm not trying to expand my toroid production.  Instead I'm
reducing it.  For this reason I'll be making a final batch of the
small 1.75" x 6" size in aluminum.  After that I won't be making
any more ever in that size.  I'll continue to make the 4" x 13"
size occasionally.

John