Re: FW: Unpotting a France 12/30

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm gonna have to STRONGLY agree with the DOC here. Gasoline is a wonderful solvent, but you better be DAMN careful if you plan to use it. When I was a kid, I was given the task of removing some 'bag worms'....not really sure what those are, but they make really tough cocoons. Well I pulled them off the tree they had taken up residence in.....I put them all in a pie pan and covered them with gasoline.....I was like 12 yrs old......I tossed a lit match into it.................dang, I'm glad the pan was not near anything flammable............I created a column of fire just like the special effects in the Ten Commandmets movie when Moses held back the Egyptians ................was a beautiful column of fire.........the same diameter as the pie plate........spiraling up about 30 feet in the air............

I know.............long winded here.............go with diesel or kerosene to ba a little safer if you are going to depot a NST..
Mike

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

As Bart mentioned, gasoline works great but it
has a tremendous flash danger.  I would strongly
recommend seeking out a service station that has
kerosine and getting a gal of that instead of gasoline.

When I was younger, on a hot day, I had poured
gasoline on a small pile of derbris.  I stood
back a distance of approx 10 ft, a distance I
thought was safe.  I threw a match at the debris
pile and the invisible vapors, within 30 seconds,
had worked out to within a ft of where I was
standing.  It flashed out in all directions from
the derbris pile almost 9 feet scaring the H out
of me.  I never had a clear understanding of just
how dangerous gasoline was until this event.  It
was a true fuel-air explosion! Didn't burn me,
but knocked me to the ground.  Never again as
they say.   Any ignition point, light switch,
static electricity, etc, within 10 feet of gas vapors may seriously
burn you.

Please consider using kerosine for safety.

Dr. Resonance

Now that's room service! <http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw-->Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit.