Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:29:09 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Help needed (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 03:56:52 EDT
From: Jozefau@xxxxxxx
To: chip@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Help needed

Dear Mr. Atkinson,
Congratulation to your brilliant web site. Could you please publish in your
archives following notice if possible. Thank you kindly.         Joseph Lovell,
Sydney, Australia

HELP NEEDED : Charles Rakes wrote the article about a Solid-State DC driven
TC (common,"upright" TC) in Popular Electronics (Farmingdale), 1999, November
iss., pg. 31-40. The circuit is built around a 555 oscillator; a pair of
IRF9130 (100V/11A) power Mosfets; a gaggle of diodes (IN4007) and a pair of car
ignition coils. Powered by 25V/2A transformer or by battery. I wonder if anybody
tried this relatively simple design. I like bipolar TC (no need for RF
grounding) and I would  like to modify this design  for use with BIPOLAR TC, but I am
not sure if my modification is correct one. Also, I want to use IRF9540N
(100V/23A) Mosfets instead IRF9130. I wonder if somebody can help me. I shall
post him both circuits.       jozefau@xxxxxxx