SISG full throttle... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:32:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SISG full throttle...

All,

I did manage to get reliable firing with my system
using all four 900v SISG sections of a single Mark
Dunn PCB.  One crucial factor (at least in my charging
system) was to dial the variac up slowly to reach full
voltage, rather than running it up fast and then right
back down, so as to avoid stressing components.  I
guess in being "careful" with the variac voltage, I
was depriving the tank cap of the chance to reach a
full charge and surpass the cumulative SIDAC
threshold.

The arcs in this video bridge a measured 18", from a
12.5" secondary, however I think the sparks could
easily hit a 20" or even a 24" target with a bit of
tweaking.

http://www.hot-streamer.com/brett/temp/full_3600v.avi

These are really mean, and super loud in person.  Some
have said the SISG "tames the MOT".  I think the MOT
goes feral for sure here!

Cheers!

-Brett

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/