RE: 3 Coil System Speed of acoustic waves in electrons (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:01:57 +0100
From: Colin Dancer <colind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 3 Coil System      Speed of acoustic waves in electrons (fwd)

Dave,

>> The free electrons are so light in mass (compared to the strength of
>> the electrostatic field between them and the nuclei), that their
>> density exactly tracks the motion of the nuclei giving you zero charge
>> separation.
>
> Nonsense.  The electrons are held in place by electrostatic force,
> whereas nuclei are held in place by the strong force.  The electrostatic
> force is much weaker, thus electrons bound by it are easier to oscillate
> than the strong force.  The mass of the electron is irrelevant, as the
> electrostatic charge is the same for the electron and the proton, of
> which the proton is 1836 times more massive.  All this means is that
> the electrons can move more easily while the protons are much harder to
move.

If you can show me a single peer-reviewed article or university text book
which
indicates that the strong force is responsible for the binding _between_
nuclei in
metals, ionic or molecular solids I will go out and buy a hat then eat it.

The strong force are indeed strong, but act over extremely short distances
within nuclei, between nucleons.  The forces between nuclei are 99.999999%
electromagnetic in nature, with the outer valence electrons interacting
with each other.

In molecular solids they interact to form overlapped electron states
reducing
the overall system energy state and hence forming chemical bonds.  In ionic
solids the opposite ionic charges attract to form crystalline solids.  In
metals the outer fermi electrons "smear out" into distributed free electron
clouds, again reducing the overall energy state and binding the material
together.

There are no strong forces involved.