Re: 3 Coil System Was: A photographic tutorial ofPancakeCoilwinding...with movies...(fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 03:08:40 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 3 Coil System      Was: A photographic tutorial
    ofPancakeCoilwinding...with movies...(fwd)

Hi Dave,

>>Yes, I have 4 video's you can look at. Just click on the
>>still image to open the video. You'll get a good taste of
>>just how nerdy I really am.
>>
>>http://www.classictesla.com/photos/hybrid/hybrid.html
>>

>You do nice work.  I have to admit, I'm not much of an artist when it comes
>to building coils.

Well, thanks, but that is actually a pretty rough throw together. Might
have looked better in the video that it really was.

>But from the setup of your three coils, I can clearly see it is a different
>animal altogether from what I'm talking about.

Yes, it's different. I'm simply showing a 3rd coil magnetically coupled
at resonance. Again, this is why it is really better to call this a 3
coil resonant transformer, not a magnifier.

>Your second and third coils are clearly inductively coupled.  And you are
>correct in your description, this is not a "classic magnifier" as in the
>sense Tesla developed it.

Exactly. Inductively coupled and not a classic magnifier.

>You will not see a zero-current mode of operation
>as long as the third coil is inductively coupled to the second coil.

I'm not sure about the zero-current mode of operation your speaking of.
I'm just making sparks and nothing more. Have you ever noticed when
"wireless power" threads come up on the list or even "physics
diversions", I keep out of the conversation? Here's why:

1) they are always emotional.
2) they are always emotional.
3) they are always emotional.

If I do comment, it's only to comment on the emotions I hear (we all
know where that leads).

I'm not trying to do wireless power and I don't have the knowledge to
say pro or con. But when it comes to practical EM theory, (for example
when a coil is inductively coupled or not), then I'm there (mouth and
ears open). That's what I enjoy, so there is where my interest resides.

Take care,
Bart