RE: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil winding...with movies...(fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 19:09:03 +0100
From: Colin Dancer <colind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil winding...with
    movies...(fwd)

>> Who said anything about the speed of sound?  You are talking about
oscillating the copper
>> and aluminum molecules.  I'm on a completely different page.  I'm talking
about
>> acoustically (longitudinally) oscillating the free electrons associated
with the copper and aluminum, not the molecules of the pipes.

Dave,

Excellent statement.  You have a clear view in your mind of what is
happening to the electrons in the tube.  We aren't clear what this is.  If
you can give us a precise description of your view I think we would have a
much better chance of all talking about the same thing.

Could you therefore please describe:

A) exactly which direction the electrons are moving in (up and down the
length of the tube?)
B) whether the size of the displacement alters according to the position
along the tube (do the ones in the middle move further, the same or less
than those at the ends)?
C) do all the electrons move in sync, or are the ones at the end out of
phase with the middle or each other?
D) what is restoring force which makes them oscillate (repulsion between the
clumped electrons, attraction to the fixed nuclei, bouncing of the ends of
the tube?)
E) roughly how far are the electons moving?
F) at what frequency are they oscillating?
G) how does the electrostatic (or magnetic) field from the main coil couple
energy into the electron motion you describe?

Cheers,

Colin.