RE: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil winding...with movies...(fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:59:06 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil winding...with
    movies...(fwd)

Hi Bart,

> To interject
> little condemnations like "as an engineer, I know it must be
> difficult for you to understand.....".
> That is silly and prejudice. He didn't do anything of that
> nature to you.

You misread my meaning.  Bert, Ed, and I have had similar discussions in the
past.  Both freely admit they are bound to adhere to peer reviewed work and
do not easily look away from it.  That is what I had meant by "as an
engineer."  Engineer's, apparently, are not taught that electron standing
waves in a third coil setup have any real meaning.  Everything Bert and Ed
know about engineering says the system can be modeled entirely in terms of
Maxwell's equations and need no acoustic equations at all.  The reason they
take issue with me discussing Tesla's concept of his devices working like
musical instruments is based upon the engineer's Maxwell-only perspective.

We have all heard the engineering arguments in the past that there are no
such things as displacement waves and longitudinal waves in electron
behavior.

If anything, Bert should have welcomed this ready-made excuse for not
following my argument and quantification of electron acoustic waves in the
third coil.

Dave