RE: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil winding...with movies...(fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 19:29:02 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: A photographic tutorial of Pancake Coil winding...with
    movies...(fwd)

Hi Bert,

> For a variety of reasons, your secondary would
> make a very poor waveguide at GHz frequencies.

What made you think my flat spiral coil was acting like a waveguide at
microwave frequencies?

> Given the
> above, I don;t believe that Helmholtz resonators (audio
> frequency sound resonating chambers) apply to the physics of
> your system (or for magnifiers in general).

Your logic is at odds with my experimental results.  It is clear from the
stationary coronal discharge on the topload that longitudinal standing waves
with no current was achieved (i.e. no wasteful streamers were produced).

Dave