Pancake coil in xmfr oil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:52:28 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Pancake coil in xmfr oil

Jeff:

I was planning on an experimental flat coil later this summer.  I may even
consider just using polypropylene, 10 mils thick, with 28 AWG wire.
Thinking around 700 to 750 turns, then putting in an oil tight sealed
acrylic box, circular shape.  I'm also considering an IGBT solid state
driver for smaller size and high efficiency, eg, eliminating the pri spark
gap which improves performance on the order of 40%!

What was your xmfr voltage and cap for your 300 turn coil?

Dr. Resonance