Re: superconducting coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:41:53 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: superconducting coil (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:

> [...]
    I never saw an answer to this posted here.  The answer is no, the
performance couldn't be much different from that of a coil wound with
dopper.  Copper loss in the secondary is so much less than the power
lost in streamers that once they formed almost all the power would be
dissipated in them as usual.

Ed