Re: [] conical secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:37:42 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [] conical secondary (fwd)

Hi Dave,

When I was referring to the inverse conical coil as a replacement for
the helical, I decided to try a model. Unfortunately to do that I must
have the capability of modeling an inverse conical topload object (the
way I do it). But, I can't do that. I just can't do cones in the topload
area unless I take a series of rings (or cylinders) and offset each ring
to build a cone. That would take too many objects to do it justice (and
would take probably an hour to run it since additional toploads really
load down the program speed). So, I stopped since this was purely academic.

But, before I stopped, I wanted to show you visually what I was
thinking. Something like this:
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/DaveThomson-3.gif

The inv cone starts out at the bottom as the same diameter of your
helical and graduates linearly to a 14" diameter. I put a 4" toroid on
top to keep the same radius of curvature as your sphere for breakout and
to prevent top cone breakout. As I changed these dimensions, I could get
the frequency way down near 50kHz easy and high as well. Just a matter
of the L3 geometry always keeping the toroid dimensions to fit the top
of the cone. It's certainly possible to do it and could be built for an
Fres=LC1=LC2=LC3 system. It would take some major work to get it right
on paper (before building), but it's possible.

Just playing with the concept.
Take care,
Bart