RE: [] conical secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:17:12 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [] conical secondary (fwd)

Hi Scott,

>      Did anybody consider a flat secondary with a helical
> resonator in a magnifier setup?  My thinking is that would
> give the absolute maximum current (from the flat secondary)
> and potential (from the helical resonator).

This is essentially my setup:
http://www.tesla-coil-builder.com/FlatSpiralSolenoidCombo.htm

A tall solenoid coil has practically no coupling when connected to the
center tap of a flat spiral coil.  The solenoid is operating as a resonator.
That is how I generated the coronal standing waves (longitudinal, scalar,
whatever you want to call them) on the topload.

Dave