JB Weld as a glue for IGBT heat sinks... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:53:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: JB Weld as a glue for IGBT heat sinks...

Mark, and all SISG coil builders...

I read in some of Terry's SISG posts from last year
that he had considered using JB Weld to glue the small
heat sinks to the IGBTs.  Later, I know you guys
settled on Arctic Seal 5 adhesive since it was
designed for that duty.

Nevertheless, it would be nice and convenient if I
could just run to my corner ACE and pick up JB Weld.
Has anyone tried JB Weld on IGBTs and found it to have
low enough thermal impedance properties?

I'm not trying to generate a big thread (where I end
up having to delete hundreds of irrelevant emails
which sport my original "now obsolete" subject
heading)...I just want to ask the 3 or 4 people who
have built SISG coils.  Thanks.

-Brett