Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves are back in the news, Political (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:44:12 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves are back in the news,
     Political (fwd)

"Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:05:23 -0400
From: Dave Pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
     Political (fwd)

>>There are a lot of people out there that are playing with the coil. Why not
>>read Tesla's notes

   They (we) do.

> and figure out how to proceed to wireless transmission of power.

   Perhaps, in the sense proposed, 'it' is not practical/possible.

> The answer is there,

   Is it?

> someone has to rediscover it.

   If 'it' exists.

> The news that I have seen indicates they are getting close,

   The 'MIT Team' seem to be replicating, if unconscously, Tesla's
   work ca 1895.

> but they have not yet achieved what Tesla did."

Lost the original thread but here are my additional questions for its
author:

1. What did Tesla HIMSELF say he did?

2. What is your source for this information?

3. What do YOU personally believe he did?

4. YOUR source for this belief?  If other than Tesla himself why do you
accept it?  There are a lot of extravagent claims floating around which
are pure fiction and/or wishful thinking.

    I agree  that the MIT team has demonstrated something and they did
seem to be ignorant of Tesla's work but their results are trivial and
obey standard laws of coupled electric circuits which have been known
since before Tesla's work.

Ed