Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves are back in the news, Political (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:05:23 -0400
From: Dave Pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Non-Radiative Evanescent Waves are back in the news,
     Political (fwd)

>There are a lot of people out there that are playing with the coil. Why not
>read Tesla's notes
   They (we) do.

> and figure out how to proceed to wireless transmission of power.
   Perhaps, in the sense proposed, 'it' is not practical/possible.

> The answer is there,
   Is it?

> someone has to rediscover it.
   If 'it' exists.

> The news that I have seen indicates they are getting close,
   The 'MIT Team' seem to be replicating, if unconscously, Tesla's
   work ca 1895.

> but they have not yet achieved what Tesla did.
   If I take a bank of incandescents, appropriate tuning gear,
   and stand under the transmitter of a stanadrd radio transmitter,
   that replicates what Tesla _did_.  (cf Colorado Springs Notes.)
   No secrets needed.  Minimal practical use.  Low efficiency.

   Many good minds have worked the same areas of physics in the
   last 100+ years.

   best
    dwp