pc boards (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 17:43:21 -0400
From: Chip Ford <chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: pc boards

Here is a topic to kick around. This may have already been descussed in
depth. I don't know? I am kinda new but not a beginner. I have been
looking around and trying to figure out the "most practical" way to make
"decent" pc boards. They don't have to be professional quality. Just
function. I have made a few by designing and printing out with a "toner"
based piece of equipment and ironing the results onto a piece of copper
clad with OK results. Alot of going back over with a marker, letting it
dry, and soldering holes shut due to leaks. They have worked but, they
just aren't that great. I don't want to sink a thousand dollars into alot
of silk-screening equipment just to make a few boards either. I have a
friend right here in town that has a silk screening business but, I really
don't want to bother him either. What if I need to make a small change?
I will have to bug him again. I have figured out a good way to make the
positives and negatives using MS Paint, Autocad and a popular PC Board
program. I have a heated, aggitated tank. I have ferric acid, ammonium
persulfate, and copper clad. I think the silk screen is probably the way
to go but, I need some help making my own screens. Materials, Tension,
Light, Framing, Ink, Film, etc.  Any suggestions will be most appreiciate.

Thanks in advance,
Chip