RE: Solid state gaps - what happened? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:21:01 -0500
From: Mark R Dunn <teslamark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Solid state gaps - what happened? (fwd)

Dr. R:

My cap is set up in 18.75 nF sections.  I have run at 75, 94, 113, 131, 150
nF configurations.  The BPS drops as you go up in cap value with 120 BPS
occurring at 113 nF.  This also gives the biggest streamers.  At the very
low BPS of the larger cap values the streamers are greatly reduced.

Note:  Originally, my cap value was only about 40 nF.  At that time BPS was
1200 so I swapped out my MOT's for some high impedance ones I have.

Now I should swap the original MOT's back in and push the cap size up, but
haven't had(made) the time to do it.

At about 85 VAC to the MOT's I am pulling 19 amps total( that's 9.5 amps per
MOT).
At 110 VAC, 27 to 30 amps ( 13.5 - 15 amps per MOT) BUT I am pushing
saturation at this point.

Mark

Snip.....