Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:04:19 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

Hi Skip,

Thanks for the specs. I know only 50AC input to the NST is where the
arcing is occurring, but when your running in resonant mode, those
voltages can really sky rocket pretty high. You may have difficulty
measuring the resonant output voltage and if high enough, may damage
your probe (don't lose a useful toy from assuming the probe is capable).
An easy method that is safe is to double up your capacitance and watch
for a change in the gap arcing with input voltage measurement. Of
course, that assumes you have the caps available to try it.

To get the coil to arc at L2's wire length calculation, you can't load
the coil with a top load. So, I understand what your trying to do. But
you'll obviously need some means of an output terminal. This will be
difficult if your trying to create long sparks as you will get early low
voltage breakout. In any event, it's fun to play with different systems
to see what they can and cannot do.

BTW, is this wire by any chance stranded 22 awg?

Take care,
Bart