Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:54:02 -0400
From: futuret@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

Skip,

I missed the cap value in my last post.? Yes, it should be much larger.

You may still need to widen the spark gap for proper operation however.
I usually use 1/4" safety gap on each side for sync operation with LTR for
9kV.? Well maybe the gaps can be slightly smaller.? They should *never* fire
during? operation unless something? is not adjusted right.?

You're probably getting some resonant rise with the system, so although
the input is 50VAC, it might as well be 120VAC as far as the circuit is concerned
(in a way).

John

All of the arcing that is taking place is with only 50vac input to the
NST. I will try to measure the NST output voltage when powering the coil
and try to verify that resonance is indeed causing the arcing that is
taking place.