Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:38:07 EDT
From: FutureT@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

In a message dated 7/25/2007 1:26:13 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Above  the "40" setting of the variac the NST safety gaps really fire
nearly all  of the time and so far I am afraid to open up the gaps which
are set to  about 0.125". Does anyone have a comment as to the maximum
safety gap  opening that I might use on a 9kv NST? It looks like this
thing will  really perform at higher inputs but I do not want to risk the
NST  yet.
Skip

Skip,

I would set the safety gaps at 1/4" for each gap assuming they are
10awg curved wires forming the gap and arcing to the NST case.

John